Saturday, February 28, 2015

Spring Capsule Wardrobe

Not going to lie friends, I'm a little wary of transitioning to my spring capsule when the coldest temperatures of winter are upon us and I see snow out of my window... But we'll press on.

I'm loving the simplicity of this capsule. Nothing fussy, nothing that stands out too much or is hard to wear. Thrifting gave me a taste for kind of random things that can sit in my closet all year and be worn once because it happens to work for the situation, like the plum leather pencil skirt I found right before starting my winter capsule. I put it in the capsule thinking I could make it work, maybe I still can, but for now I'm going to tuck it away and add in some skirts I know I want to wear. I'm hoping that the weather warms up quickly so I can wear these with no tights! I'm definitely excited for this capsule.


I kept 20 pieces from my winter capsule, pulled 13 from storage, and bought 2 new pieces.

I love these colors- they feel fresh and easy to me. Also note there are only 35 pieces pictured... I'm still working on the last few things. I think I'll swap out the tank tops for sweaters until it warms up sufficiently. I'm not sure how taboo that is to switch items- the tank tops and sweaters would be in my keep pile anyway... Also have I mentioned I haven't cleaned out my closet? Maybe as I'm likely to be stuck inside this weekend, I'll write about that trauma.

It was definitely really fun to plan this capsule, it's full of items I really want to wear and will easily work well all together. Bring on the spring! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

© my teacher style 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law