Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Midi Skirt Week: Florals and Stripes

It was a struggle to get dressed this morning. Even this perky skirt couldn't convince me to get out of bed at a time that allows me to not run around my house frantically! In my haste to get ready (I changed three times, barely grabbed my lunch, and somehow slipped an apple into my purse before rushing out to the car and returning a moment later waking up poor E to ask him where my sweater I left in his car yesterday was) I neglected to accessorize my outfit to my liking, but considering how busy this outfit is anyway, I guess the lack of showy jewels is good.


Target cardigan (similar on sale!), thrifted t shirt, thrifted skirt, Chinese Laundry flats


I was talking to my sister-in-law, Aleah, earlier today (in preparation for a special post we're putting together, look for it next week!) and it came up that these days, an outfit like this feels like a neon sign to me! There seems to be so much going on, the patterns and shapes and layers- but its really a simple outfit. I think I'm just out of practice after the past few weeks of super simple outfits. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for something a little more low-key. 

Also, can I just say that I love these shoes but man they are not classroom-friendly! I need to do some troubleshooting! Any tips for making flats more comfortable for all-day wear?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

© my teacher style 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law