Thursday, April 2, 2015

Midi Skirt Week: Polka Dots and Chambray

I surprised myself with this skirt- polka dots are so perky and preppy and I'm so not. I found this skirt thrifting last spring and I ended up wearing it on a weekly basis paired with a black tank and ankle strap sandals. I think that's my favorite way to wear midi skirts- with tanks and sandals. There's something so laidback about that look, with big sunglasses and a cross-body bag. Ugh! Summer, where are you!

This styling of a midi skirt is decidedly not laid-back, I think. I felt very school-marm gone chic today. I love the soft flow of this skirt, its so lightweight and swishy. The nipped in waist and full flare of the skirt is so feminine. I think that's what I like about midi skirts, they're so feminine! I'm not a girly-girl, but I love the subtle femininity that the silhouette can give an otherwise masculine look.

 Loft chambray shirt (similar), thrifted skirt, Lucky Brand flats

 Kohl's necklace (similar)

1 comments :

© my teacher style 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law